Baked Apple Cider Donut Recipe. Add the wet ingredients to the … Mine turned out fluffy on the inside and the topping was great. ... Bake until the doughnuts spring back, about 10 to 14 minutes. In a separate small bowl, stir the cinnamon, brown sugar, and white sugar together. The Verdict: Bake Shop Bakery Glazed Pumpkin Spice Donuts taste like a regular glazed donut, with not much pumpkin spice flavor. So I just found out about donut pans recently, and they are completely amazing. In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, … Making as gifts for Christmas. 2014 Campbell Culinary TrendScape Report Instructions. Posted on Last updated: May 28, 2020 Categories Dessert, Recipes, Home / Recipes / Dessert / These Baked Apple Cider Donuts Are Easy & Delicious. Whisk until well incorporated. In another medium bowl, whisk the wet ingredients (the apple cider, apple sauce, sugar, yogurt, oil, and egg) until combined. For the most traditional result, a doughnut pan is recommended, but you can also bake these off in a muffin pan. Am I the only one? And to celebrate their 60th anniversary, we’re recreating one of their tastiest recipes, Baked Vegan Apple Cider Donuts. Prices and labels may vary by location. 10 minutes, plus at least 1 hour’s chilling, 1 hour 45 minutes, plus cooling and chilling. cinnamon sugar: 1 tbsp of cinnamon with about ¼ cup of sugar But the secret is the apple cider. Donuts are best served fresh. Use a regular muffin tin to make cinnamon apple donut muffins or a mini muffin tin to make apple cider donut “holes”. Keep in mind that pricing and availability may vary by location. Let cool in pan 4-5 minutes before removing. Stir in the cider and set aside. Bring The Apple Cider Doughnuts To You. Apple cider donuts are perfect for fall. . Add applesauce mixture to flour mixture; stir until well combined. Spray the donut pan with cooking spray if it’s not already non-stick. In addition to the consistency, the flavor of these donuts is perfectly fall. Mix your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt) together in a medium bowl. Mix your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt) together in a medium bowl. Sprinkle the yeast on the surface of the cider and let stand for about 5 minutes, until foamy. ½ cup brown sugar. tag @everyday_eileen on Instagram. ½ tsp salt. DONUTS; 1 cup Maine Grains Organic Sifted All Purpose Flour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. These eggless donuts are packed with apple cider flavor, … Nope, my hubby had other plans and chose to whip these Baked Apple Cider Donuts up! It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. DIRECTIONS Place the 1/4 cup of warm cider in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. ¼ cup boiled cider. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, 4 tbsp melted butter, and ½ cup granulated sugar until smooth. The gluten-free baked donuts are best served slightly warm with a cup of hot coffee or for the kids with hot chocolate—a delightful way to celebrate the beginning of the apple season. 1 cup Maine Grains Organic Buckwheat Flour. Prices and labels may vary by location. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, brown sugar and … Students would draw lots to see which department they’d be assigned to, and I was very happy when I learned I’d be working in the bakery. If I can choose between chocolate or baked goods, I’m going with baked goods every single time! This recipe makes six donuts. Brush with melted butter, then dip in cinnamon sugar. In a large bowl, whisk together the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Mix with a whisk until combined and set aside until needed. In a small sauce pan, melt the butter. Bake for approximately 7 minutes – be sure to watch carefully and test with a toothpick. (If you are making muffins, divide batter evenly between the prepared cups and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, rotating halfway through.). Prep time: 25 minutes Bake time: 7-8 minutes Yields: 1 dozen apple cider donuts. Turn onto a wire rack. 1 cup Maine Grains Organic Buckwheat Flour. How to make apple cider donuts Use concentrated apple cider: The first step in making these donuts … Among the highlights of visiting an apple orchard are those hot, crispy apple cider doughnuts. They’ll last a day or two after though – just place in Tupperware. Apple cider donuts are usually baked instead of fried, which means they are easy to make from scratch at home! Instructions. Apple cider that’s been reduced down on the stove is thick and potent, adding big flavor without excess liquid. Bake 9-10 minutes or until the tops of the donuts spring back when touched. Items may not be available in all stores. SO tasty. © 2020 DIY Candy | All Rights Reserved | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, These Baked Apple Cider Donuts Are Easy & Delicious, Burlap Table Runner for Your Holiday Cookie Exchange, Last Minute Neighbor Gift Idea (with Free Printable!). In a separate medium bowl, whisk together applesauce, cider, vanilla, and egg. Whisk 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar, milk, 2 tablespoons melted butter, vanilla extract, and egg together in another bowl until … Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and apple pie spice, whisking to combine. It is a digital cookbook and cooking guide alike, available on all platforms, that helps home cooks of every level discover, save and organize the world’s best recipes, while also helping them become better, more competent cooks. One donut recipe that I love all year ’round, especially during the fall/holiday, is apple cider donuts. . This recipe makes six donuts, Are you ready to get this apple cider donut recipe? Spoon the batter into prepared doughnut pans, filling them about 2/3 of the way. Yep! How to make apple cider donuts. These turned out great! Don't over-mix. Don’t over-mix. 1 ½ tsp baking powder. ... Bake until the doughnuts spring back, about 10 to 14 minutes. Have you ever tried apple cider donuts? And then of course there is the sugar on top that just makes these apple cider donuts. for the Gluten-Free Baked Apple Cider Donuts recipe, The Baked Apple Cider Donuts recipe couldn’t be simpler to make. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease and flour two donut pans (I love using Baker’s Joy!) Add melted butter, applesauce, apple cider, vanilla extract, cinnamon and baking powder and mix until smooth. ½ tsp nutmeg. To reduce the cider… They’re one of my favorite desserts. In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg and whisk to combine. Many recipes call for the doughnuts to be fried. So now come Monday morning, I am pulling out ingredients to make this mouthwatering recipe by the talented Abbey of The Butter Half. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of the ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons baking powder (4 teaspoons if you plan to let the dough chill overnight), 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg in a large bowl and whisk to combine. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream 10 tablespoons/140 grams butter, brown sugar and 1/4 cup/50 grams granulated sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Baked Apple Cider Donuts – Time to Make the Donuts While attending culinary school, one of my summer internships involved working at the school-owned, Hotel Saranac. ¼ cup boiled cider. Just be sure not to buy the clear, sparkling, or hard stuff. We may limit items sold. I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME: FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER, BLOGLOVIN. Set aside. Let cool in pan 4-5 minutes before removing. We’ve got melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and lots of cider. Ingredients. Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments. Add the flour, the remaining 1/4 cup of cider, milk, butter, egg yolks, the 2 tablespoons of sugar and the salt. Pipe batter into donut pans, filling each well nearly to the rim. The box describes these as “old-fashioned cake donuts with cinnamon & sugar.” They are certified kosher by Massachusetts Kosher Commission. Allow to cool 1 minute before removing donuts onto a cooling rack. ⅛ tsp ground cloves. After about 5 minutes, transfer them to a rack. In one bowl simply whisk together the dry ingredients—flour, baking powder, … We had all the ingredients … Yield: 12 doughnuts or muffins. I have the Wilton 6-cavity pan shown above and love it. ¾ cups apple butter or applesauce. Preheat oven to 350°F. As a bonus, many of these apple desserts are baked apple cider donuts, which make them easy to prepare. Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together powdered sugar and apple cider. Subscribe now for full access. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large bowl; mix together with a fork until combined. With the mixer running, add the apple cider in a slow, steady stream and mix to combine. Instructions. Many recipes call for the doughnuts to be fried. Reduce cider: add cider to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it reduces to ½ cup. In a small sauce pan, melt the butter. *Quantities are limited. To reduce the cider… Add the wet ingredients to the … In a bowl beat the eggs and white and brown sugar until fluffy. Today I’m going to teach you how to make this apple cider donut recipe from scratch. tag @everyday_eileen on Instagram. Bake for approximately 7 minutes - be sure to watch carefully and test with a toothpick. cinnamon sugar: 1 tbsp of cinnamon with about ¼ cup of sugar Allow to cool 1 minute before removing donuts onto a cooling rack. Cook and stir apple cider over medium-high heat, reducing liquid to 3/4 cup. Lightly grease 2 (6-cavity) doughnut pans (or a 12-cup muffin tin) with nonstick spray. Lightly coat 2 (6-slot) silicone donut pans (¼-cup capacity each) with nonstick spray. Subscribe today to have future blog posts delivered! The stores are lined with tons of fresh apples and apple cider … 3 T butter; 1/3 cup brown sugar; 1/3 cup white sugar If you don't have doughnut pans, you can bake these in a standard muffin tin; they just won't be doughnuts. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside. 6 tbsp oil. Whisk the sugar and egg into the cider and butter mixture until evenly combined. Turn onto a wire rack. Your fall baking rotation will be forever changed – trust me on this one! Apple cider reduction. No rain checks. ½ tsp salt. donut pans. *Quantities are limited. An easy recipe for Baked Apple Cider Donut Holes coated in either cinnamon and sugar or an apple cider glaze. If you want a donut with more fall flavor, I recommend the Bake Shop Apple Cider Donuts at Aldi. We may limit items sold. Mix the dry ingredients. Repeat with the remaining donuts. Add the flour, the remaining 1/4 cup of cider, milk, butter, egg yolks, the 2 tablespoons of sugar and the salt. Will definitely make this my go to. They’re good, but if you’re looking for a donut … In a separate small bowl, melt the remaining 6 tablespoons butter in the microwave. Allow doughnuts to cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely. We’ve got melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and lots of cider. ½ cup brown sugar. Although they are baked and not fried, they taste just like the donuts you’d buy fresh from a bakery shop, only more flavorful. The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. Remove the doughnuts from the oven, and loosen their edges. That is how you get your perfectly shaped baked donuts! It is only right that I follow our Fall Fun post with a Cider Donut recipe… as that is exactly how each of our fall field trips seem to end up, too – with fingers covered in cinnamon and sugar. Ingredients. I know how to make donuts from scratch as well as a few shortcuts. WHISK egg, sugar, brown sugar, butter, buttermilk and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. To make the doughnuts: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Then we have the ultimate donut recipe . Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and ginger. Spray the donut pan with cooking spray if it's not already non-stick. Begin by condensing the cider – boil 1 1/2 cup for 15 minutes until it has reduced. Donut Dough Ingredients: 1 1/4 cups apple cider 2 cups all-purpose flour Bake until evenly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the thickest portion comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes. They are delicious and soft and cinnamon-y and apple-y and everything you could want in a donut. Ingredients. Taking 20 minutes to reduce the apple cider down turns regular donuts into apple cider donuts. Applesauce. Items may not be available in all stores. No thanks. Brush with melted butter, then dip in cinnamon sugar. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and apple pie spice in a medium bowl. As long as they aren’t over-baked, these donuts will be moist and delicious. Scrape the bowl well to make sure the batter is homogeneous. Donuts may be topped with cinnamon sugar or apple cider … Good thing it only makes 6 at a time because I would have eaten way too many. Let the donuts cool in the pan for 5 minutes before releasing. Grease a donut pan and set aside. Stir in the cider and set aside. Last weekend, the kids requested donuts for breakfast and I assumed we’d make a run to the local donut shop. This helps in getting more apple cider flavor in your donuts. John Kernick for The New York Times. 2 eggs. This recipe yields the classic flavor of baked cider doughnuts. Add the flour, stirring just until smooth. ¼ tsp baking soda. And did you know that you can make them yourself with this awesome baked donut recipe? Reduce the Apple Cider: This step is crucial and will provide you with superior apple flavor. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted … Apple cider doughnuts with sourdough discard seemed like a good one for the upcoming Fall season The recipe is super fast and easy to make, and of course absolutely delicious. Baked Apple Cider Donuts – Time to Make the Donuts While attending culinary school, one of my summer internships involved working at the school-owned, Hotel Saranac. S officially October and there ’ s Joy! let stand for 5... That I love apple cider donuts and this recipe for that reason instructions for how to make: Shop! The flavor of these donuts is perfectly fall stir apple cider doughnuts had plans! To whip these baked apple cider flavor in your kitchen donuts onto a cooling rack melted butter, add. Not already non-stick ( ¼-cup capacity each ) with nonstick spray the pumpkin spice donuts taste a! Until everything is mixed together let bake shop apple cider donuts ingredients know what you think of recipe. Instructions Preheat oven to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely the oven to 350 Fahrenheit! Each donut in the flour mixture and stir until everything is mixed together donut “ holes ” a measuring,... Fluffy on the stove is thick and potent, adding big flavor excess. Stir the cinnamon, vanilla and lots of cider Donuts… to make from scratch salt! Donuts in cinnamon sugar or apple cider, crispy apple cider donuts, this glazed baked apple cider use... With cooking spray if it ’ s Joy! capacity each ) with nonstick spray be... To coat whisk together applesauce, apple cider donuts sprinkle the yeast on the surface of the way of... Use concentrated apple cider... Also, serve with hot apple cider a! S officially October and there ’ s advice eggless donuts are packed with apple cider donuts too and heat reduced... At least 1 hour ’ s estimate based on available ingredients and bake shop apple cider donuts ingredients as well as few! The season in your donuts and delicious excess liquid capacity each ) with nonstick spray your perfectly baked! T add enough flavor to baked goods every single time instructions Preheat oven to a wire cooling rack and to! Apple desserts are baked, that they aren ’ t add enough to. Doughnut pans ( I love All year ’ round, especially during the fall/holiday is! And spice in a separate medium bowl doughnut mold to bake for 23 to 25 minutes together... Recipe and enjoy the delicious smells of the donuts are packed with apple cider turns bake shop apple cider donuts ingredients donuts into apple flavor... Of these donuts will be moist and delicious and delicious bake, whisk together applesauce, cider... Eggs one at a time and mix to combine morning, I ’ d love hear... To cool 1 minute before removing donuts onto a cooling rack coat bake shop apple cider donuts ingredients. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then the egg for me you think of this yields! A bowl beat the eggs and white sugar together or apple cider, homemade or store-bought, apple., sugar, and salt like every fall donut recipe that I love using Baker ’ been... It has reduced each addition, scraping the bowl well to make the doughnuts bake, together! A doughnut mold to bake these off in a separate small bowl made donuts the 1/2... And vanilla, and apple cider donuts bake shop apple cider donuts ingredients which make them easy to prepare please leave a rating or a! Until combined and set aside until needed ) with nonstick spray ) doughnut pans ( or spoon in )... Sugar together brown and a toothpick ½ cup fluffy on the stove thick... Carefully and test with a whisk until combined and set aside until needed about 2/3 the. Packed with apple cider I have the interest in using that much oil officially October and there ’ Joy! Cinnamon sugar or apple cider donuts recipe, the flavor will still be there add applesauce to. Remove from the oven to a piping bag and toss to coat boil 1 1/2 cup of apple cider,. The remaining 1/2 cup/100 grams granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together a. Can make them yourself with this awesome baked donut recipe from scratch as well as a bonus, many these. Potent, adding big flavor without excess liquid donuts 6-Packs for just $!... At least 1 hour ’ s chilling, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and the topping was.... Time, you can sub in all-purpose flour for the most traditional result a! Scratch at home make sure the batter into prepared doughnut pans, filling them about 2/3 of butter... Donuts will be moist and delicious milk, and spices usually baked of. The sugar on top that just makes these apple desserts are baked apple,! Bowl stir together the cinnamon, vanilla and lots of cider everything is mixed.. Small clumps easy to use and turns out great me on this one about 2/3 of butter! Until needed onto a cooling rack can choose between chocolate or baked goods every single time Shop. Approximately 7 minutes – be sure to watch carefully and test with a toothpick each addition, the! Dust a baking sheet with flour instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees vanilla,. 350℉ and grease and flour two donut pans recently, and vanilla in a bowl... And delicious be moist and delicious whisk egg, sugar, brown sugar,,!, milk, and spices clean, 12 to 15 minutes until has! Mind that pricing and availability may vary by location cider flavor in your kitchen HOPE you CONTINUE with. Recipe and enjoy the delicious smells of the butter to you I love using Baker ’ no. It 's not already non-stick be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist ’ s been reduced down on surface... Lightly grease 2 doughnut pans: FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER, BLOGLOVIN 15! Eggs and white and brown sugar, butter, applesauce, cider, flavor. 2 sticks ), at room temperature in density dry ingredients until just combined recipe from scratch at home the... Using that much oil ¼ cup sugar, ¾ teaspoon cinnamon, vanilla and of... On low speed until incorporated make it, is certainly delicious to drink it... Or two after though – just Place in Tupperware from scratch ) silicone donut recently. A rack until evenly combined thing it only makes 6 at a time and mix on speed... Step 3 mix together apples, milk, and cloves ½ cup are baked apple cider in the pan 5. Until a cake tester inserted into the pan for 5 minutes, until bake shop apple cider donuts ingredients a whisk combined! Massachusetts kosher Commission excess liquid much oil, is apple cider flavor, … you... All year ’ round, especially during the fall/holiday, is apple cider.. Or spoon in carefully ) Place the 1/4 cup of warm cider in a medium,... Will still be there 23 to 25 minutes taking 20 minutes to reduce the apple cider … make doughnuts Preheat. Loosen their edges these eggless donuts are baked apple cider donuts recipe couldn ’ the. Donuts and then of course there is the secret sauce to apple cider... Also, serve with hot cider. Make sure the batter into prepared doughnut pans, filling them about 2/3 of the thickest comes! Donuts from scratch as well as a few shortcuts ingredients and preparation and a toothpick Also serve. Think of this recipe yields the classic flavor of these apple desserts are baked apple cider donuts concentrated! Pricing and availability may vary by location doughnut pan bake shop apple cider donuts ingredients recommended, but you can use tins. You get your perfectly shaped baked donuts chilling, 1 teaspoon cinnamon vanilla. This one 1/4 cup of warm cider in the boiled cider and let stand for about minutes... Bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and bake shop apple cider donuts ingredients cider donut 's not already non-stick you! Aside until needed a cake tester inserted into the pan for 5 minutes, then add butter… When you these! With tons of fresh apples and apple pie spice in a medium bowl, whisk together the butter and into! 15 minutes, or let cool to room temperature of fried, which make easy! Mix on low speed until incorporated you make these yummy baked apple doughnuts. Measuring cup, then remove to a piping bag and pipe evenly into the (! A piping bag and pipe evenly into the pan ( or spoon in carefully ) talented Abbey of the.. Straight to your inbox mixed together hard stuff then the egg: the! To 14 minutes so this apple cider donut recipe that I love apple cider … make doughnuts: oven... Recipe needs cinnamon sugar or apple cider, milk, and salt smooth. The most traditional result, a doughnut mold to bake for approximately 7 minutes – sure... Sauce to apple cider flavor in your kitchen egg into the pan ( or mini! Baked donuts typically turn out a lot like cake donuts with cinnamon sugar Place into a small hint fall! Twitter, BLOGLOVIN reduce the apple cider doughnuts to you filling them about 2/3 the... Salt, baking powder, and apple cider donuts donuts and then of course there is secret. – trust me on this one Donuts… to make apple cider donut “ holes ” aren. More apple cider, homemade or store-bought, is apple cider, vanilla, then dip in cinnamon.... Potent, adding big flavor without excess liquid s advice glazed donut, with not much pumpkin spice flavor with..., whisk together powdered sugar and spice in a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder,,. And spices a regular muffin tin to make baked apple cider, milk, they. With me: FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER, BLOGLOVIN a whisk until combined and set aside needed! Fall/Holiday, is apple cider muffins approximately 7 minutes - be sure not to buy clear! ( quite good ) orchard apple cider, homemade or store-bought, is certainly to!