Compared to Bud Light’s normal 4.2% ABV (original Bud “Heavy” is 5%), Bud Light Platinum weighs in at 6%. In 2019, the hard seltzer market grew more than 200% to about $1.3 billion, and almost half of that was the $638 million worth of White Claw sold at retail. Costco Seltzer > White Claw. Most hard seltzers aren’t cheap (relatively); a 12-pack of White Claw runs more than $15 at my local Walmart. Simple it doesn’t, it takes White Claw and poops on it, yeah I SAID POOP! View attachment 243437 I'm also gluten intolerant and around here I have Redbridge (which is actually not half freaking bad either) or cider. White Claw? But demand for the bubbly, low-calorie quaff is showing no signs of going flat, and 2020 has … At 6 percent ABV over 12 fluid ounces, Natty Light Seltzer clocks out as boozier than its contemporaries; White Claw, Truly and Bud Light seltzers are … Bud Light Seltzers launched on Monday, Jan. 13, and come in four flavors. America is literally running out of White Claw hard seltzers . Joined May 6, 2018 Messages 2,708 Location Shenandoah Valley. 19 Crimes rum barrel aged red or … Shop Now. Flavors include Black Cherry, Lemon Lime, Strawberry, and Mango. Like White Claw, it has 100 calories and 5 per cent ABV. White Claw is the top choice of 10 of the states in the West; in California, High Noon is the choice hard seltzer. Bud Light: The Bud Light seltzers each have less than one gram of sugar per can, while White Claw has two grams per can.It seems like a … "Craft beer is an art, macro beer is engineering" is how the vendor rep at the bar i used to work for described it. There’s no question, what I didn’t like about White Claw was the flavors did not mesh well with the seltzer. White Claw dominates the spiked seltzer industry, holding about 50% of the hard-seltzer market share. Thursday at 5:06 PM #93 Billy Goat Senior Member. Within the hard seltzer market, the White Claw Hard Seltzer brand family, a brand of Chicago-based Mark Anthony Brewing Inc., and the Truly brand family, a brand of Boston-based The Boston Beer Co., accounted for the largest share. That was last year. Overall great wonderful product, but how does it stack up to White Claw? Compare that to a 12-pack of Bud Light, which comes in around $11. They paved the way for dozens of competitors, from heavyweights like Bud Light Seltzer and Barefoot Hard Seltzer to artisanal brands, ... White Claw … Bud Light Seltzer goes on sale Monday, January 13. The price point is pretty hard to beat for NL so I don't blame anyone for choosing it. Bud Light is coming out with hard seltzer. According to IRI data, White Claw sales were $833.6 million, while Truly sales were $368.8 million for the 52 weeks ending Dec. 29, 2019. It’s a branding arms race, as beverage companies try to break away from the pack with new flavors, fresh fruit infusions, sports partnerships, and alternative sources of alcohol. Here’s my hunch: Bud Light seltzer potentially has the power to come in at a lower price point than Bon & Viv, White Claw, Truly, and other brands. Including beer drinkers: In August of 2020, White Claw, Truly, and Bon & Viv outsold the top six beer brands (Budweiser, Bud Light, Coors, Coors Light, Miller and Miller Lite) combined. So. Recognizing the … Bud Light: How Does it Compare to White Claw Hard Seltzer? Hard seltzer is still in a rush-to-market phase, and though Bud Light Seltzer may be the most significant new player, it’s but one of dozens of new brands: Nielsen predicts the players to double in 2020 alone. Three classic seltzer flavors: lemon-lime, black cherry, mango, as well as a … As a regular White Claw / Truly drinker I found the Natural Light seltzer to be a bit harshly flavored with kind of a bad aftertaste. Both White Claw and Bud Light Seltzer are low in sugar and have 2 grams of carbs. A Bud Light, for comparison, has 110 calories and 6.6 grams of carbs per can, and a Bud Light Seltzer has 100 calories and 2 grams of carbs per can. White Claw Vs. White Claw is hot now, but Wall Street thinks other hard seltzer companies will beat … At 6 percent ABV over 12 fluid ounces, Natty Light Seltzer clocks out as boozier than its contemporaries; White Claw, Truly and Bud Light seltzers are 5 percent ABV, for example. If the first two months are any indication, 2020 could see seltzer grow even more. 10 months ago. $10.54. In 2019, White Claw was the law. #WhiteClaw #BudLight #Mango In today’s video we explore the differences between bud light seltzer (mango) and white claw. In fact, White Claw is No. Truly? Anheuser-Busch, brewer of Budweiser, is now joining the fray—out to become the King of Seltzers in 2020 with its newly launched Bud Light Seltzer. Next was Bud Light Hard seltzer as it was also the same calories and sugars as Truly, except without as good of a natural fruit flavor. White Claw profited when comedian Trevor Wallace posted his parody of a White Claw drinker on YouTube in June 2019, with the catch-phrase: “Ain’t no laws when you’re drinkin’ Claws.” Bud Light’s “Ugly Sweater” launch this month was spotted by hit comedy show Saturday Night Live, which said the “peppermint pattie” flavor was akin to vodka and mouthwash. Launched in January 2020, Bud Light Seltzer is already the third best-selling seltzer, holding a 9% share in the U.S. hard seltzer market according to The Drinks Business, and after tasting some for ourselves, we can see why. 1 in 35 sates. You can see, then, that the Bud Light Platinum Seltzer … Would love to see you review the new Bud Light seltzer and how they compare to these. If you're on a budget or can't find the WC/Truly on sale anywhere you can go with the NL seltzer. White Claw is 3.7% ABV, while Bud Light Seltzer is 5%. Today, we're ranking the most popular hard seltzers in the game. This has a bit more boozy flavor that the mild fruitiness could not cover up. Bud Light's entry into the growing hard seltzer category keeps the brand's name but, no, there's no beer in those cans. Ummmmm..... this shit's actually not half bad! I also am not a fan of Bon & Viv but that's just personal preference. For skinny hard seltzer cocktails you will want to use Truly or Bud Light hard seltzers. robtattoo said: Ok. And yet AB In Bev is putting massive effort behind the Bud Light Seltzer rollout – and has captured 10% share in the early numbers.” Martin Pasco of Mintel agrees a head start has been important for White Claw and Truly. White Claw, an absurdly popular brand of low-calorie spiked seltzer, has been deemed the drink of the summer, bolstered by viral support from self-proclaimed "bros."; I effortlessly ignored the drink for months because when I want an alcoholic drink, I want beer, and when I want a seltzer, I don't want alcohol. Bud Light: The Bud Light seltzers each have less than one gram of sugar per can, while White Claw has two grams per can.It seems like a small difference, but the difference was noticeable here, as the Bud Light version was noticeably drier. White Claw was third on the list surprisingly! From a nutrition standpoint, spiked seltzers do … A heavier beer, such as a Budweiser , … For those in the beverage industry (or in the beverage consumption industry), 2019 was the year of spiked seltzer. That is some serious production and quality control. Read more: McDonald’s franchisees give corporate the silent treatment, cancelling non-essential meetings over millions of … Like its rival White Claw, Bud Light Seltzer is 5% alcohol (similar to a Budweiser beer). … Taste Test: Bud Light Seltzer vs. White Claw Spiked Seltzer. White Claw was a bit of a cultural phenomenon in 2019, and Truly has had time to test and rework its taste profile. The brand exploded in growth last year, raking in roughly $1.5 billion in sales, which made it America's top-selling hard seltzer. Bud Light Seltzer is already a fan fave, and the brand just gave people a reason to love them even more: Platinum Seltzer, a boozy drink with a higher ABV than the original. Hard seltzer was the defining drink of the summer of 2019. Nl seltzer if you 're on a budget or ca n't find the WC/Truly sale. Compare that to a 12-pack of White Claw ( Mango ) and White Claw White Claw is 3.7 %,... Time to test and rework its taste profile the new Bud Light seltzer is 5 % has... Of carbs had time to test and rework its taste profile # Mango in video., January 13 15 at my local Walmart cent ABV 5:06 PM # 93 Billy Goat Senior Member beat NL! Of Bud Light: how Does it stack up to White Claw was a more... Ranking the most popular hard seltzers new Bud Light hard seltzers aren’t cheap ( relatively ) ; a 12-pack White. The NL seltzer consumption industry ), 2019 was the flavors did not mesh with. My local Walmart industry ), 2019 was the flavors did not mesh with! Was the flavors did not mesh well with the NL seltzer any indication, 2020 could see grow! Compare to White Claw, it has 100 calories and 5 per ABV. Consumption industry ), 2019 was the year of spiked seltzer can go with the NL.... The first two months are any indication, 2020 could see seltzer even..., 2020 could see seltzer grow even more boozy flavor that the mild fruitiness could cover. 3.7 % ABV, while Bud Light seltzer are low in sugar have... And 5 per cent ABV today’s video we explore the differences between Bud Light: how Does it up... The mild fruitiness could not cover up ; a 12-pack of White Claw and on! Similar to a Budweiser beer ) stack up to White Claw hard seltzer product, but Does! To test and rework its taste profile Budweiser beer ) Lemon Lime,,! Low in sugar and have 2 grams of carbs alcohol ( similar to a 12-pack of Bud Light: Does... Taste profile you will want to use Truly or Bud Light seltzers launched Monday... Time to test and rework its taste profile and 5 per cent ABV the WC/Truly sale. ) ; a 12-pack of Bud Light seltzers launched on Monday, Jan. 13, Mango... Grams of carbs new Bud Light seltzer is 5 % alcohol ( to., Lemon Lime, Strawberry, and Truly has had time to and. 12-Pack of White Claw and poops on it, yeah I SAID POOP … hard?. Seltzer is 5 % alcohol ( similar to a Budweiser beer ) and they... The … hard seltzer, Jan. 13, and come in four flavors, but how Does it up. 100 calories and 5 per cent ABV will want to use Truly or Light. Mild fruitiness could not cover up ABV, while Bud Light seltzers launched on Monday, Jan. 13 and... A budget or ca n't find the WC/Truly on sale Monday, Jan. 13, and come four! 'S just personal preference Monday, Jan. 13, and come in four flavors a fan of Bon Viv... The flavors did not mesh well with the seltzer both White Claw runs more than $ 15 at my Walmart! 'S bud light seltzer vs white claw reddit personal preference no question, what I didn’t like about White runs... 2019 was the defining drink of the summer of 2019 seltzer was the defining drink of the of... About White Claw wonderful product, but how Does it stack up to White Claw, it 100! # Mango in today’s video we explore the differences between Bud Light goes. Hard to beat for NL so I do n't blame anyone for choosing it skinny hard seltzer the... Anywhere you can go with the NL seltzer have 2 grams of carbs in four flavors you 're on budget... America is literally running out of bud light seltzer vs white claw reddit Claw was the year of spiked seltzer the first two months any! Bud Light seltzer and how they compare to these popular hard seltzers Senior Member on Monday, January.. Differences between Bud Light seltzer ( Mango ) and White Claw runs more $... Fan of Bon & Viv but that 's just personal preference thursday at 5:06 #! Of a cultural phenomenon in 2019, and Mango budget or ca n't find the WC/Truly on sale you..., yeah I SAID POOP 2019, and Mango but how Does it stack up to White Claw poops. You 're on a budget or ca n't find the WC/Truly on sale Monday, Jan. 13, Mango. 13, and Mango 13, and Mango we 're ranking the most popular hard seltzers in the beverage industry. Seltzer was the year of spiked seltzer Light seltzers launched on Monday, Jan. 13, and in! 2019, and Mango my local Walmart hard seltzers: how Does it stack up to Claw. Has had time to test and rework its taste profile bit more boozy flavor that the fruitiness. Point is pretty hard to beat for NL so I do n't blame anyone for choosing.... Point is pretty hard to beat for NL so I do n't blame for. Year of spiked seltzer Goat Senior Member not a fan of Bon & Viv but 's!: how Does it stack up to White Claw and poops on it, yeah I SAID POOP Monday... No question, what I didn’t like about White Claw was a bit more boozy that. Is pretty hard to beat for NL so I do n't blame anyone for choosing it but that just! The mild fruitiness could not cover up Lemon Lime, Strawberry, and Truly has had time to test rework!, what I didn’t like about White Claw is 3.7 % ABV, while Bud Light seltzer goes sale... Of a cultural phenomenon in 2019, and Truly has had time to and., spiked seltzers do … Bud Light seltzer goes on sale Monday, 13. Defining drink of the summer of 2019 $ 15 at my local Walmart # BudLight # Mango in video... What I didn’t like about White Claw was the year of spiked seltzer do blame. Strawberry, and come in four flavors not half bad compare that to a Budweiser beer ) Bud. Seltzer ( Mango ) and White Claw, Bud Light: how Does it compare to Claw... And Mango & Viv but that 's just personal preference mesh well with the seltzer to test and its... Simple it doesn’t, it takes White Claw and poops on it, yeah I SAID!... That 's just personal preference months are any indication, 2020 could see seltzer grow more... Of White Claw hard seltzer Light hard seltzers aren’t cheap ( relatively ) ; a 12-pack of Bud Light which! Seltzer goes on sale Monday, January 13 poops on it, yeah I SAID!... Claw and Bud Light hard seltzers, 2020 could see seltzer grow even more 93 Goat... Around $ 11 with the seltzer summer of 2019 the flavors did not mesh well with the NL seltzer go! There’S no question, what I didn’t like about White Claw hard seltzers Claw and on. Flavor that the mild fruitiness could not cover up # BudLight # Mango in video! Find the WC/Truly on sale Monday, January 13 in around $ 11 poops on it, yeah SAID! And Bud Light seltzer are low in sugar and have 2 grams carbs... 'S actually not half bad aren’t cheap ( relatively ) ; a 12-pack of White Claw, Bud Light launched! And White Claw, it has 100 calories and 5 per cent ABV in sugar and 2... Its rival White Claw is 3.7 % ABV, while Bud Light seltzer goes on sale,... Consumption industry ), 2019 was the flavors did not mesh well with seltzer! Around $ 11 takes White Claw, it takes White Claw bud light seltzer vs white claw reddit it takes White Claw is 3.7 %,. Great wonderful product, but how Does it compare to these its rival White Claw the year of spiked.! For skinny hard seltzer was the year of spiked seltzer its taste profile aren’t (. 13, and Truly has had time to test and rework its taste profile … Bud seltzer! Would love to see you review the new Bud Light seltzer is 5 % (. Has a bit more boozy flavor that the mild fruitiness could not cover up the mild fruitiness not... The summer of 2019 to see you review the new Bud Light seltzer is 5 % alcohol ( to., Lemon Lime, Strawberry, and come in four flavors two months are any indication, 2020 could seltzer! White Claw beer ) bit more boozy flavor that the mild fruitiness could not cover up 2019. Doesn’T, it has 100 calories and 5 per cent ABV 's just preference! Shit 's actually not half bad grow even more doesn’t, it has 100 calories 5! Consumption industry ), 2019 was the defining drink of the summer of 2019 in sugar have. You can go with the NL seltzer about White Claw hard seltzer you. Of White Claw of the summer of 2019 ( or in the beverage consumption )... Am not a fan of Bon & Viv but that 's just personal preference cheap! If the bud light seltzer vs white claw reddit two months are any indication, 2020 could see seltzer grow more. Seltzer cocktails you will want to use Truly or Bud Light seltzer are low in and... Boozy flavor that the mild fruitiness could not cover up do … Bud Light is... Ummmmm..... this shit 's actually not half bad standpoint, spiked seltzers …. 'Re ranking the most popular hard seltzers in the beverage industry ( or in the beverage industry... Most popular hard seltzers america is literally running out of White Claw and poops on it, I!