However, we like to have a variety of toppings when we're doing a caramel apple bar, and we've never had anybody complain. It’s a sweet treat that’s just too hard to resist. The oatmeal streusel sprinkled on top of these caramel apple bars make it the perfect fall dessert! Try to serve within a few hours of cutting your apples. Comments that are deemed to be inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, offensive statements, or comments unrelated to the story will be deleted. Simply slice your apples into wedges and add your toppings! All. These cheesecake bars can be frozen either with the apple topping or without. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Hi, I’m Lexi. Applesauce Pancakes: For a festive way to dress up your caramel apple, some crushed strawberry Pop Tarts and butter cake crumble will do just the trick. Fun, creative toppings for fresh caramel apples will bring out the kid in anyone. (For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.) Dip into caramel and then into desired toppings. I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! Plus a dash of glitter. Okay, I’m partial to peanut butter. ... Caramel Apple Toppings. These sweet delights are so yummy, you'll wind up making them more than a few times this fall. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. apples and toppings (crushed peanuts, toffee, chocolate chips, etc.). You can use any kind of chopped nuts you want but this is definitely the best pair for me. If you decide to pour the toppings on the apple you must do it immediately after dipping because the caramel starts to cool and set quickly. 10. Wash and core apples. 5 from 2 votes This blog has become my dream job. You can try different kinds of peanut butter. I couldn’t stop eating these bars and I didn’t even think I liked this kind of dessert. I want to trash up my caramel and candy apples with all sorts of chocolate, nuts and other toppings! 3 … You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. You could choose to use all healthy ingredients or a blend of toppings – it’s up to you. Streusel Topping: Instead of a top layer of pie crust like you see on traditional apple pies, we’re topping these apple pie bars with streusel. Well, you can definitely have a s’mores flavored caramel apple by topping it off with some chocolate chips and marshmallows. Cut apples into slices. Top 10 Fajita Toppings to Spice Up Your... For a mess-free and easy way to enjoy caramel apples, you can slice them in advance for your guests. Pour the caramel mixture over the apples and stir until well coated. and toppings (crushed peanuts, toffee, chocolate chips, etc. To make crust: In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter, mix until well combined; Press crumb mixture onto bottom of the prepared 9×9-inch square pan with aluminum foil leaving an overhang on each side for easy removal. Let kids (and grown-ups) dip the apples in a sauce, then roll it in their chosen topping(s) to customize their own caramel apple. and toppings (crushed peanuts, toffee, chocolate chips, etc. Vegetarian "Southern-style" Collard Greens. Save Collection. Caramel Apple Bars, these easy homemade cookie bars have an oatmeal crust, caramel apple filling, and streusel and crumb like topping. mini M&M's How To Make Caramel Apple Bars. alternative to classic apple pie. This isn’t exactly a topping but the adults will definitely enjoy this one. I love the balance of a soft spongy cake, sweet Pop Tart flavor, and the crunch of the apple. I'm Kim. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | My favorite part of the holiday season? No slow cooker or fondue required to keep this soft! Sometimes lawyer, full-time blogger, mama and wife. 1 1/2 cups firmly packed and divided brown sugar. I now style shoots, create content for brands, and offer consulting for businesses and bloggers looking to utilize a blog and/or social media to grow their brand or online presence. Apples from the produce section are usually coated in wax. You can learn more about Lexi and how Glitter, Inc. got it’s start here, and if you’re looking for Consulting for Creatives, Styling Services, and/or Collaborations, head here. In a medium microwave proof bowl, melt together chocolate chips and oil for about 1 minute, stirring after … If you’re trying not to go overboard with the sugar, don’t worry, we’ve got something for you. You can add as many (or as few) toppings, such as crushed candy bars, chopped nuts, crushed cookies, hot fudge, milk chocolate, and so many more. Required fields are marked *. Glitter, Inc. Design by Alpine Lane. Easy Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars have a cream cheese filling, surrounded with apple blondie bars, and drizzled with caramel topping.No one will be able to resist the creamy cheesecake paired with fresh apples, nuts, and gooey butterscotch chips!. I also love that caramel apples just scream fall, and with Thanksgiving right around the corner, a simple dessert bar, like a DIY caramel apple bar, seems just right. 3 peeled, cored and finely chopped Granny Smith apples. crushed graham crackers When choosing toppings for your caramel apple bar, choose a variety of flavors and textures. Add oats, flour, baking soda, and salt, mixing … It’s the healthiest one on this list and even though it’s not as popular, trust me, this one tastes amazing with apples. Thank you! I absolutely love this pistachio and white chocolate combo and even use it with other desserts and sweets. Warning: This one is super addictive! We love that this makes a big dish, so the dessert feeds a big group or lasts several days for a small family. Psst … if you love apples, you have got to try our salted maple caramel apple pie, apple crisp shortbread bars, and slow-cooker apple crisp. I used a mix...","url":"https:\/\/glitterinc.com\/how-to-make-a-diy-caramel-apple-bar\/#mv_create_24_1"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Set out bowls of your dips (melted chocolate, Nutella, caramel sauce, etc.) Fun, creative toppings for fresh caramel apples will bring out the kid in anyone. Cut apples into slices. Here are some tips! Plug in the Fireball nip and  let it chill in the fridge until the apple has full soaked all the liquids. The. Streusel Topping: Instead of a top layer of pie crust like you see on traditional apple pies, we’re topping these apple pie bars with streusel. Caramel apples are the ultimate fall treat! Set out both sauces along with the toppings and some apples or crabapples, plus sticks or skewers. The perfect fall dessert recipe for parties, potlucks, or a special treat for the family! They were beautiful and so fun to dip your apples in. Let kids (and grown-ups) dip the apples in a sauce, then roll it in their chosen topping(s) to customize their own caramel apple. They are a simple and delicious Fall dessert that are easily customizable for everyone’s liking. Photos by Annie Watts Photography for Glitter, Inc. …don’t miss out on real life stories, behind-the-scenes, tips on the best sales, and exclusive content sent straight to your inbox! Have a tray prepared so people can drizzle their apples with their preferred sauce without mixing in other ingredients. ), Best of Pumpkin Desserts: More Than 100 Easy Recipes for Fall Baking, How to Decorate Your Fall Front Porch for Halloween + Our Little Witches, Easy and Festive Hanukkah Dinner Charcuterie, How to Throw the Easiest At-Home Family Brunch, A Weekend Getaway: Celebrating Our 10th Wedding Anniversary, Our Visit to Elizabeth Park Rose Garden in Hartford Connecticut, A Few Highlights From Our Trip To Maine + An End of Summer Lobster Dinner Party, Behind-the-Scenes of Scarlett’s Magical Mermaid Birthday Party, AD: Celebrate the season with a festive and delici, AD: Sending out holiday cards is one of my favorit, We're a few nights into Hanukkah and I decided to. And it’s not just tasty for apples. Make caramel (or butterscotch sauce) according to directions. Instructions These delicious Cookie Bars are like … https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/apple-caramel-cheesecake-bars Whenever I make apple pie bars or apple … Follow the instructions on the chocolate fountains to ensure they work properly the entire evening. Choose how often you want emails and unsubscribe at any time. sprinkles I don’t know about you but I could eat this any time of the year! No kids allowed for this one! If you’re looking to snack on caramel apples while watching some Netflix, try this popcorn and M&Ms combo. peanut butter chips If you can’t decide which of these toppings you’d like to add, try setting up a DIY Caramel Apple Bar! The perfect marriage of cheesecake + caramel apples, these caramel apple cheesecake bars with that buttery, delightful streusel topping are one of my favorite fall desserts! Dip your apple in and drizzle over some ground cinnamon. A DIY caramel apple bar is creative, inventive, and totally lets your guests play with their food, in the best kind of way. Let’s start with something simple, shall we? Everything here is twice what it should be. Make sure to place them face up on your apple for a truly Instagram-worthy treat. Plus, it also makes a great movie snack. That way, your guests can try all the different toppings! Yummy toppings for the caramel apple bar Prepare chocolate fountains or slow cookers. You can use either white chocolate drizzle or white chocolate chips, but I’m on team drizzle! The kids will definitely be thanking you for this one! Here's my top ten list of toppings you should try this fall. When the air starts to get cooler and you're craving a delicious autumn-y treat, pull out this recipe for Caramel Apple Crumble Bars. Ingredients Do NOT feel like you have to have all of these options! Store in an airtight zip-top bag, and spray a little lemon juice or lemon-lime soda on them, toss to coat, in order to keep them from browning too quickly. It's easy and still totally delicious! Speaking of sweet and salty, a pretzel caramel apple is definitely worth a try. We also participate in affiliate programs with Thrive Market, Shareasale, and other sites. Celebrate all things fall and make your own DIY caramel apple bar: the perfect easy dessert for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and everything in between! While whole caramel apples are super fancy, plan on using apple slices for your caramel apple bar. Last will be your drizzles like chocolate or peanut butter. Cover and set aside. mini marshmallows chopped almonds or almond slivers ), Weekly Finds + The Most Popular Pan on the Internet is $50 Off Right Now, 3 Favorite Handmade Gifts to Give This Holiday Season, 40+ Amazing Cookie Bars (The Best Easy Bar Cookie Recipes Perfect for the Holidays! Roll that caramel apple over some crushed Oreos and you can even drizzle some extra white chocolate on top. Shows. Directions. We are compensated for referring traffic. toppings you can add to your caramel apple. See more ideas about Caramel apple bars, Apple bars, Caramel apples. Whether you want it creamy, crunchy, or a little bit on the saltier side, you just can’t go wrong with this topping. Combine butter and brown sugar. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Made from scratch with a brown sugar shortbread crust, cinnamon apple filling, and streusel topping (plus a drizzle of salted caramel), this easy dessert recipe is simple enough for weeknight baking yet impressive enough to serve at your Thanksgiving feast. We went super easy with ice cream toppings – caramel and hot fudge. You too can make your candy apples taste like your favorite candy bar. Pick some salty options, some sweet options, and some unexpected options. M&M Magic Bars. If you want to make different colors, you can also use white chocolate! Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. I share recipes for people who LOVE good food, but want to keep things simple :). It's the easiest way to get really creative with your dessert. These Caramel Apple Pie Bars are just like those desserts but in a portable version that can be eaten hot or cold. Try to serve within a few hours of cutting your apples. Contact Us, Click Here to Get Our Top 10 Quick & Easy Dinner Ideas. toffee bits Yum. And caramel apples, well, they’re delicious, nostalgic, and so much fun. Apple pie bars are a delicious (and quick and easy!) I'm sharing ideas for a caramel apple bar and 20 different options for toppings. Poke one white dipping stick into each wedge. They make a cute, fun and healthier appetizer or snack, perfect for those parties and get togethers. Print the Caramel Apple Label Clip-Art Salted caramel to be exact. Stir in brown sugar and mix until dissolved. Slice apples into thin wedges and place immediately into lemon water. This means that if you click and/or make a purchase through certain links on this site or any related social media platforms (including Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest), Glitter, Inc. may make a nominal commission from that click and/or purchase.