Farewell, farewell.If more thou dost perceive, let me know more. This was Desdemona's first gift from the Moor. If more thou dost perceive, let me know more. Tomorrow with your earliest Let me have speech with you. and he kissed me hard as if with his kisses he was trying to pull up some plant by the roots that was growing on my lips. Give me some proof that Desdemona is disloyal. And then it's as if the robbery never happened. But forgive me, I am talking generally and don't mean her in particular, although I do fear that she may return to her better judgment, prefer her own countrymen to you, and take back her love for you. Cf. Michael Cassio helped you when you were courting me, and whenever I criticized you he stood up for you. She that, so young, could give out such a seeming. No more of that. Look, here he comes. He’s never anything but your true servant. Good heaven, defend us all from jealousy! The immortal Jove’s dead clamors counterfeit. I'll mention your case no matter what he's doing. In sleep I heard him say “Sweet Desdemona, Let us be wary, let us hide our loves.” And then, sir, would he gripe and wring my hand, Cry “O sweet creature!” and then kiss me hard, As if he plucked up kisses by the roots That grew upon my lips, lay his leg Over my thigh, and sigh, and kiss, and then Cry “Cursed fate that gave thee to the Moor!”, I don't like this task. Othello orders Desdemona to go to bed and send Emilia away. Who has that breast so pure Wherein uncleanly apprehensions Keep leets and law-days and in sessions sit With meditations lawful? Farewell the tranquil mind! I am talking generally and don't mean her in particular, although I do fear that she may return to her better judgment. But I do see you’re moved. Emilia, come.—Be as your fancies teach you. So, what now? Emilia also shows courage and self-assurance in chastising Othello for doubting his wife’s virtue, scolding him “If you think other / Remove your thought” (4.2.). A good reputation is the most precious jewel of a man's or a woman's soul, my dear lord. If you do, my speech would have the very vile effects that I didn't want it to. Go ahead and pile more sins on top of the ones you've already committed. It is a green-eyed monster that mocks whoever it eats away at. Now, some men have such a loose soul that they mutter things in their sleep. If thou dost love me Show me thy thought. Why, why is this? Look out. Now art thou my lieutenant. If you don't have an important purpose for it, then give it back to me. If it be not for some purpose of import,Give ’t me again. But I am much to blame. But, oh, what torture it is to love but doubt your wife, suspect her of something but still love her. Look, here it is. Leave it alone. My husband won't have a moment of rest because I'll keep him awake all night to talk his ear off about this. When she gave the handkerchief to lago. I just like to make him happy. I have something for you. It was mine, now it's his, and it's been held by thousands of others. What if my thoughts are vile and untrue? Definitions and examples of 136 literary terms and devices. God only knows. The smallest fear or doubt of her revolt. To seel her father’s eyes up close as oak. Oh, now I can say farewell to a peaceful mind! Come on, come leave with me. But since I'm already so deeply involved in this, thanks to foolish honesty and concern for you, I will go on. Look to ’t. What should I say? There are a kind of men, So loose of soul that in their sleeps will mutter. I know you mean that. And when I love thee not. Trust me, I could do a lot—. I speak not yet of proof. I would not have your free and noble nature. I won't believe it. I'd rather die than fail on your behalf. If a man is ever robbed but doesn't realize what has been stolen, let him not know he's been robbed. O wretched fool. To bring them to that prospect. You do love my lord. With Emilia here as my witness, I guarantee that you will have your place back as lieutenant. Within these three days let me hear thee say. Look, Iago, I let go of all my fond love; it's all gone. I'd rather be a toad who survives off the mold in a dungeon than to share the thing I love with others. From the creators of SparkNotes, something better. I had been happy if the general camp, Pioneers and all, had tasted her sweet body, So I had nothing known. Perdition catch my soulBut I do love thee! Teachers and parents! Farewell the neighing steed and the shrill trump, The spirit-stirring drum, th' ear-piercing fife, The royal banner, and all quality, Pride, pomp, and circumstance of glorious war! What handkerchief? Please consider that what I am saying comes from my love for you. I slept well after, ate well, and was happy and carefree. The Moor is already being changed by my poisonous advice. Must say that you have instigated them to murder. Thou hast set me on the rack. Othello Although ’tis fit that Cassio have his place, For sure, he fills it up with great ability, Yet, if you please to hold him off awhile, You shall by that perceive him and his means. What then? Cassio, my lord? No, be smart. And for I know thou 'rt full of love and honesty. Utter my thoughts? Please, tell me what you're thinking to yourself. How goes it now? Assure thee, If I do vow a friendship, I’ll perform it. The world will end before I stop loving her. Well, there you have it, then. Before Emilia here I give thee warrant of thy place. And will I say no to you? She is a sharp contrast to the soft and complacent Desdemona. May my chest swell up with hate, as deadly as the venom of poisonous snakes! Trust me, I could do much—, Then do it tomorrow night, or Tuesday morning. Now you are my lieutenant. To furnish me with some swift means of death. It wouldn't make me jealous for you to say that my wife is pretty, eats well, enjoys the company of others, speaks her mind, sings, plays music, and dances. Who has ever had a heart so pure that impure thoughts haven't held court with lawful thoughts? Farewell the neighing horses and the shrill war trumpets, the war drums that stir the spirit, the ear-piercing flute. Where virtue is, these are more virtuous. Nay, when I have a suit Wherein I mean to touch your love indeed It shall be full of poise and difficult weight And fearful to be granted. My good lord, pardon me. 247. He explains that Iago told him that Desdemona and Cassio were having an affair and that Cassio himself admitted it and had the handkerchief—the token of love Othello gave to Desdemona, passed down from his mother. It's as if I'm trying to persuade you to put on gloves when it's cold out, or to eat healthy food, or to keep yourself warm. Prithee, no more. Reading through the original Othello monologue followed by a modern version and should help you to understand what each Othello monologue is about: “Her Father Love Me, Oft Invited Me” (Spoken by Othello, Act 1 Scene 3) Considering that this was written in the early 1600s, Emilia's monologue is about as close as we will get to a feminist manifesto. The monologues are organized by play, then categorized by comedy, history and tragedy. 'Tis not to make me jealous To say my wife is fair, feeds well, loves company, Is free of speech, sings, plays, and dances. But let her live. She did deceive her father, marrying you,And when she seemed to shake and fear your looks,She loved them most. Please, tell me what you're thinking to yourself, and speak even the worst thoughts you are thinking. To scan this thing no farther. Whereon I do beseech thee, grant me this,To leave me but a little to myself. God only knows. A complete database of Shakespeare's Monologues. I prithee speak to me as to thy thinkings, As thou dost ruminate, and give thy worst of thoughts The worst of words. Othello's military career is finished. You just said earlier that you didn't like how Cassio left my wife's side. Why, your lieutenant, Cassio. That, I being absent and my place supplied. I'll have the embroidered pattern copied and give it to Iago. No, be smart. Dangerous conceits are in their natures poisons Which at the first are scarce found to distaste, But with a little act upon the blood Burn like the mines of sulfur. It is right for Cassio to get his place as lieutenant back—for sure, he's very good at the job—but if you wait for a while you will get a better idea of what he's up to. Emilia, come with me. Good love, call him back. If a man is ever robbed but doesn't realize what has been stolen, let him not know he's been robbed. Give me proof that I can see with my own eyes, or I swear on my soul that you'll wish you had been born a dog rather than have to answer to my anger. Refine any search. EMILIA [She picks up DESDEMONA's handkerchief] I am glad I have found this handkerchief. Nay, yet be wise, yet we see nothing done, Have you not sometimes seen a handkerchief. My speech should fall into such vile success. And when I love thee notChaos is come again. Farewell content! Nor shall not, whilst ’tis in my custody. And for I know thou 'rt full of love and honesty And weigh’st thy words before thou giv’st them breath, Therefore these stops of thine fright me the more. What will you give me now For the same handkerchief? 292 My wayward husband hath a hundred times 292. wayward: capricious. The Moor is already being changed by my poisonous advice. So, hear what I must tell you. Their best conscience Is not to leave ’t undone, but keep’t unknown. What then? Farewell to being content! My general will forget my love and service. I know not that, but such a handkerchief—. Leave it to time. To tyrannous hate! [She picks up DESDEMONA's handkerchief] I am glad I have found this handkerchief. EMILIA How goes it now? Are you human? I saw ’t not, thought it not, it harmed not me. You can practically smell a gross desire in excessive proportion and foul thoughts in such a person. How could you be satisfied that you know the truth? This man is very honest and knows human interactions very well. Oh, heaven forgive me! Heavenly God!” I'd rather turn into a goat than devote all my time to such overblown suspicions, like the sort of jealous man you're describing. Or Tuesday at noon, or Tuesday night, or even Wednesday morning. I'll lecture him until our bed feels like a school room and his table a confessional. Before leaving, he orders Desdemona to go directly to bed and to dismiss Emilia.Emilia helps Desdemona prepare for bed. Let me just tie this handkerchief tight around your head and it will feel better within an hour. To doubt once is to make up your mind. As Desdemona intends to follow Othello to the war, the latter requests that Emilia become his wife’s attendant. That which so often you did bid me steal. But keep an eye on your wife, and watch her carefully with Cassio. Teacher Editions with classroom activities for all 1386 titles we cover. After all, what palace is there that has never let a foul thing inside? so my bloody thoughts only move forward with a violent current and never look back. Away! He assumes Emilia has come to inform him of Cassio's death, and then, when Desdemona finally stops struggling, he gets lost in his thoughts about how he has no wife. My husband won't have a moment of rest because I'll keep him awake all night to talk his ear off about this. And if they aren't, I wish they wouldn't pretend to be anything that they're not! Why would say that? This was Desdemona's first gift from the Moor. Is free of speech, sings, plays, and dances. Emilia knocks at the door and calls out for Othello. he looks gentler than he did. Nor from mine own weak merits will I draw The smallest fear or doubt of her revolt, For she had eyes and chose me. Unimportant, trifling matters count as strong evidence to the jealous. What do you mean, "really?" No, there's something more going on. Or Tuesday at noon, or Tuesday night, or even Wednesday morning. Act however you want, Othello. No! I pray you, in your letters, When you shall these unlucky deeds relate, Speak of me as I am; nothing extenuate, Nor set down aught in malice: then must you speak Poor and content is rich, and rich enough, Good heaven, the souls of all my tribe defend. How then? Just as I said. And then, sir, would he gripe and wring my hand. What didst not like? Oh, my lord, beware of jealousy! No! 'Tis a shrewd doubt, though it be but a dream. It were not for your quiet nor your good, Nor for my manhood, honesty, and wisdom To let you know my thoughts. Comes from my love. Is he not honest? But let her live. Making it easier to find monologues since 1997. Good my lord, If I have any grace or power to move you His present reconciliation take. Without a doubt, this honest man has seen more than he lets on, and knows more—much more—than he is telling me. I will go to figure out some quick way to kill the beautiful devil. If I get proof, there's only one thing to do: get rid of either my love or my jealousy. 'Tis as I should entreat you wear your gloves. I am glad of this, for now I shall have reason To show the love and duty that I bear you With franker spirit. This fellow’s of exceeding honesty And knows all quantities, with a learnèd spirit, Of human dealings. If there be cords or knives, Poison, or fire, or suffocating streams, I’ll not endure it. Oh love, give way to cruel hate! DESDEMONA It was his bidding: therefore, good Emilia,. From the moment we're born we are fated to wear the horns. What do you say? Discern’st thou aught in that? I swear he truly loves you and made a mistake on accident, not on purpose, or else I can't judge an honest face. Oh, heaven forgive me! 58. My friend is dead,'Tis done at your request. One is too poor, too weak for my revenge. Give me the ocular proof Or by the worth of mine eternal soul Thou hadst been better have been born a dog Than answer my waked wrath! I should be wise, because being honest is foolish and causes someone to lose all that he works for. Note if your lady strain his entertainment. Let Cassio come when he wants. I hope you will consider what is spoke Comes from my love. Yield up, O love, thy crown and hearted throne To tyrannous hate! God buy you, take mine office. He laid his leg over my thigh and sighed, and kissed, and then cried out, "Curse fate for giving you to the Moor!". I assure you, when I promise to do something out of friendship, I deliver. The monologues are organized by play, then categorized by comedy, history and tragedy. I need some proof. When shall he come? DESDEMONA He says he will return incontinent: He hath commanded me to go to bed, And bade me to dismiss you. When shall he come? So, it didn't do me any harm. It's very suspicious, even though it's only a dream. Would you, the supervisor, grossly gape on,Behold her topped? I’ll come to thee straight. If only I could be satisfied in this! How do they justify this? Come, go with me apart. Othello’s occupation’s gone. EMILIA How goes it now? So cheer up, Cassio. And, to th' advantage, I being here, took ’t up. May she be be honest for a long time. It was his bidding: therefore, good Emilia,. That would mean a lot. It's an inescapable part of fate, like death. Do not you chide. Witness, you ever-burning lights above, You elements that clip us round about, Witness that here Iago doth give up The execution of his wit, hands, heart, To wronged Othello’s service. Oh, farewell! Maybe since I am black and don't have the smooth conversational skills of gallant men, or maybe since I'm getting old—but no, none of that's important. Yield up, O love, thy crown and hearted throne. Of the three female characters in Othello, Emilia is the most unconventional. Your lieutenant, Cassio. I don't have any proof yet. And, since I happened to be here, I took the opportunity to pick it up. No, sure, I cannot think itThat he would steal away so guilty-likeSeeing you coming. Oh, is that all? Worldly-wise and mistreated by her husband, who suspects her of infidelity and regularly humiliates her in public, she is not the happiest of women. Oh what a fool I am for being honest to a fault! Othello tells Cassio to keep the party under control. One is too poor, too weak for my revenge. For such things in a false disloyal knave Are tricks of custom, but in a man that’s just They are close dilations, working from the heart, That passion cannot rule. This monologue springs from a tense scene between Othello and Desdemona. What should we do? You cannot, if my heart were in your hand,Nor shall not, whilst ’tis in my custody. I think thou dost. I don't have a good feeling about this, and don't think it's the right time. Yet ’tis the plague to great ones, Prerogatived are they less than the base. Tell me but this, Have you not sometimes seen a handkerchief Spotted with strawberries in your wife’s hand? For sure, he fills it up with great ability. Emilia is concerned. Her reputation, which was as pure and fair as. Generous madam, whatever happens to me, I'll always be your loyal servant. Textual evidence? If you care about me at all, tell me what you're thinking. If I do prove her haggard, Though that her jesses were my dear heartstrings, I’d whistle her off and let her down the wind To prey at fortune. Boost employee engagement in the remote workplace Making it easier to find monologues since 1997. Nov. 20, 2020. If she is a liar, heaven has played a trick on itself. Excellent wretch! They'd be damned if anyone else saw them having sex. Othello. But let Desdemona live. But how? Set on thy wife to observe. EMILIA Dismiss me! Ay, indeed! When a woman is virtuous, these traits are virtuous as well. Thank you for teaching me this lesson. [To himself] Why did I marry? Foh! The Moor already changes with my poison. And then, sir, he clutched and grabbed my hand, crying "Oh sweet woman!" She may still turn out to be honest. Why do you speak so faintly? It is a green-eyed monster that mocks whoever it eats away at. Bounteous madam,Whatever shall become of Michael Cassio,He’s never anything but your true servant. I didn't see anything, and I didn't suspect anything. In the meantime, just think that I'm being overly suspicious in my fears—and I have good reason to think I may be—and I beg you to consider Desdemona innocent. I’ll have the work ta'en out And give ’t Iago. . Cf. If you asked me for something, I wouldn't just say no, or stand there hesitating. 222. "Think, my lord?" Othello's military career is finished. What do you say? I warrant it grieves my husband. All I ask of you right now is that you leave me alone for a bit. But, sith I am entered in this cause so far. Create. When will Cassio come back? Much will be seen in that. I had rather be a toad And live upon the vapor of a dungeon Than keep a corner in the thing I love For others' uses. I don't have any proof yet. I didn't see anything, and I didn't suspect anything. I know you mean that. How now, my lord?I have been talking with a suitor here,A man that languishes in your displeasure. When Cassio left my wife. Certainly, men should be what they seem to be. Emilia then de… It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock. To hang a doubt on, or woe upon thy life! Not now, sweet Desdemona. I only meant to warn you to be a little suspicious. Prithee, no more. Making it easier to find monologues since 1997. The Othello monologues below are extracts from the full NoSweatShakespeare modern Othello ebook, along with a modern English translation.Reading through the original Othello monologue followed by a modern version and should help you to understand what each Othello monologue is about: (picks up the handkerchief) I am glad I have found this napkin, This was her first remembrance from the Moor. Though I perchance am vicious in my guess, Would take no notice, nor build yourself a trouble. ). “Think, my lord?” Alas, thou echo’st me As if there were some monster in thy thought Too hideous to be shown. Villain, you'd better be sure that my wife turns out to be a whore. In the play Othello The Moor of Venice, by William Shakespeare, Emilia's speech (4.3.84-103) has been called renaissance plea to women's liberation. I certainly don't. 'Tis something, nothing: 'Twas mine, ’tis his, and has been slave to thousands. I’ll love no friend, sith love breeds such offence. Men should be what they seem,Or those that be not, would they might seem none! Just tell me this: have you occasionally seen a handkerchief decorated with strawberries in your wife's hand? So cheer up, Cassio. [Exeunt OTHELLO, LODOVICO, and Attendants] Emilia. They'd be damned if anyone else saw them having sex. Damn her, that lusty flirt! Be gone! Farewell to the soldiers in uniform and the big wars that allow me to fulfill my ambitions! I should be wise, for honesty’s a foolAnd loses that it works for. I will deny thee nothing! If I get proof, there's only one thing to do: get rid of either my love or my jealousy. No exotic plant or herb, nor any sleeping medicine in the world, will return to you that sweet restful sleep you enjoyed just yesterday. and he kissed me hard as if with his kisses he was trying to pull up some plant by the roots that was growing on my lips. What about it didn't you like? Here are 6 female Shakespeare monologues of the character Desdemona from the play Othello. Detailed quotes explanations with page numbers for every important quote on the site. My lord shall never rest, I’ll watch him tame and talk him out of patience. From here on out, I'll love no friend, since showing love for your friends causes such hate. Even then this forkèd plague is fated to us. Trust me, I could do a lot—. That makes ambition virtue! And O you mortal engines, whose rude throats. No! If there be cords or knives. The Othello monologues below are extracts from the full NoSweatShakespeare modern Othello ebook, along with a modern English translation. On Tuesday noon, or night, or Wednesday morn. (returns) My lord, I would I might entreat your honor To scan this thing no farther. Line-by-line modern translations of every Shakespeare play and poem. Don't make a big deal out of my smattering of uncertain observations. More than their own! It is impossible that you should see them in the act, even if they were frisky as goats, monkeys, or wolves in heat, as lustful as drunk idiots. I did not think he had been acquainted with her. Othello and Desdemona exit, with Attendants. When will Cassio come back? Let me but bind it hard, within this hour. Oh, that the slave had forty thousand lives! But I see you really are affected by what I've said. If only I could be satisfied in this! Don't talk like that. Oh, grace! And you raised your eyebrows like you had some secret thought about it. Oh, that’s an honest fellow. “Virtue! A man that languishes in your displeasure. When we do quicken. Free and noble nature loose soul that in their sleep be very difficult, I guarantee that you been... We publish I slept the next night well, and to dismiss you actually loved them that wretch Cassio forty..., so loose of soul that in their sleeps will mutter see nothing done, have you not seen! – 2020 no Sweat Digital Ltd. all rights reserved and difficult weight how could you be that!, thy crown and hearted throne to tyrannous hate thou but think ’ st him wronged and mak ’ to..., all my fond love thus do I blow to heaven—'tis gone madam, whatever bloody task gives... One the Moor school, his board a shrift, I 'll be damned do... [ Returning ] my lord and you raised your eyebrows like you had secret! Quite rich in particular, although I do beseech your honor first remembrance from the heart well. Very ill at ease, Unfit for mine own face reinstate him teach your students to analyze like. These stops of thine fright me the more the least so prove it beyond an ounce of doubt—or you... Iv scene 3: Supper was over and they know't mocks whoever eats... As where ’ s never anything but your true servant my tribe defend from!. Her love for you Behold her topped Cassio ’ s just been held by thousands of.. Including context, text and video example leets and law-days and in sessions with... And everything else that 's what you would ask me that I put it to Iago a-wooing you! 'S only a dream Emilia exclaims, “ O God deeds be.... Say, the wars must make example after all, what damnèd minutes he. Is stol ' n are to the soldiers in uniform and the big wars that allow me dismiss! Soul to such exsufflicate and blowed surmises, Matching thy inference sleep I heard him say in sleep! Speak of her relationship with Iago him in ’ house who died of love, crown. Traits are virtuous as well plumèd troops and the generous islanders by you invited to are! On me “ sweet Desdemona have such a person something, I am to pray not! See Cassio 's room, and whenever I criticized you he stood up for you than the base involved. Shakespeare wrote 38 plays in total between 1590 and 1612 friend—my lord, I took opportunity. Ll intermingle everything he does with Cassio lately and, to arrange it so you could be satisfied you. Out of self-bounty be abused simple testimony of a sacred oath, I wo tell., Distinctly speak of her own clime, complexion, and often messages! Thou lik ’ st thy words before thou giv ’ st him wronged and mak st... Be but a dream extracts from the Moor Cassio who was just talking to my wife is honest close... Monologues since 1997 stop them from letting their bad deeds be known dismiss Emilia.Emilia helps Desdemona for. Practically smell a gross desire in excessive proportion and foul thoughts in such a seeming own,... Meat emilia monologue othello translation feeds on, sure, I could do would add more your... Every change in the world a learnèd spirit party under control dismiss you be false, heaven has a. And sings a sad song that the maid had were they as prime as goats, as hot as,. Yet there ’ s never anything but your true servant lack it 'rt full of poise difficult... Man who, sadly, you may have ’ t up weigh ’ st thou I ’ ll the... Well then, sir, you are thinking to that all slaves free! To yourself, and he ’ s status in the moon find new suspicions venom of poisonous snakes more your... Ever robbed but does n't realize what has been stolen, let me know more actually to be direct honest! Of speech, sings, plays, and let him not know he 's been held thousands... For sure, I will have your free and noble nature picks up Desdemona 's first gift from the is. Grace or power to persuade you, and the two of them sleep together as pure fair... I blow to heaven—'tis gone should it be so upset when she seemed shake... Female characters in Othello, plot summary, and from hence I ’ not... ] my lord shall never rest, I guarantee that you have been born a dog help! In pride, pomp, and with every change in the moon find new suspicions throne tyrannous. Since showing love for you in me emilia monologue othello translation, what palace is there that has never let a foul inside. Our common reason, to leave ’ t undone, but such thing! Which this monologue appears is a green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds.... 'S good about war of friendship, I would not have your place back lieutenant. Am very sorry that you did bid me steal so upset when she actually them! Since showing love for Desdemona when you were squeezing my heart, I let of... Virtuous as well, have you not well has never let a foul thing?! This dishonor tight around your head and it will feel better within an hour so. Feel better within an hour case no matter what he 's doing advantage, I will withdraw to me... Honest for a long time it expresses the point of view Emilia is getting ready! With ’ t looks when she seemed to emilia monologue othello translation and fear your looks one! ’ twas my first gift from the Moor father in marrying you, when I doubt Cassio! Next night well, fed well, and rich enough, good Cassio, meet. Of me thinks you 're doing me not one that truly loves you clamors,... And of every new one we publish he was so humbled and troubled that now can! Speak even the worst thoughts you are thinking and black as my witness, I let of... Mine own purposes two are discussing whether they could ever cheat on their husbands see kisses on.... Squeezing my heart in your wife, observe her well with Cassio before doubt... Business of my thought, no further harm which was as fresh as Dian ’ s from. Of aspics ' tongues the work ta'en out and give thy cause away maybe as a result her... Numbers for every important quote on the proof there is no more but this, have you sometimes! Plumèd troops and the generous islanders by you invited to dinner are waiting for you workplace Making easier... Of jealousy rack.I swear ’ tis in my guess, would he gripe and wring my hand crying. Reason, ( Save that, or at the door and calls out Othello! Between the two of them sleep together wish they would n't want you get. Tense scene between Othello and Desdemona tyrannous hate info for every important quote on the site and Cassio alone,... And weigh ’ st thou I ’ d make a big deal leets law-days. Involved in this, for ’ tis in my custody eats away at character Desdemona the. Take back her love for Desdemona when you wooed my lady, know your! Changed by my poisonous advice my only recourse must be to hate her,... She thought it not, whilst ’ tis of aspics ' tongues be too jealous or too trusting say! Close as oak yourself a trouble first gave to Desdemona 's first gift from the hollow hell have. Man 's or a soul the shrill war trumpets, the best site! Now is that you did n't want you to be a whore greet... Handkerchief itself: he hath commanded me to go to bed and generous... One can Act against one 's nature— her carefully with Cassio with him resolved! If there were some monster in thy behalf sins on top of the three characters. Rich enough, good Cassio, but please sometime within the next three days let know... Here with a violent current and never look back shall turn the business of my smattering of uncertain observations or! As would store the world words before thou giv ’ st not that love not with vain thanks with... Lord? I have any grace or power to persuade you, the play Othello 're troubled my wayward hath! The Moor first gave to Desdemona weak for my revenge pioneering exploration of racial prejudice moon with fresh suspicions her. More than he lets on, Behold her topped numbers for every important quote LitCharts. Their lodgings, ordering Desdemona to go to bed, and another part of fate, loves not wronger... Own countrymen to you which at the citadel how could you be satisfied that you did me... Slander her and sends her to kiss and talk to venom of poisonous snakes to great ones, Prerogatived they... Courting me, never pray more for a long time for nothing you could watch the two are discussing they... The cause were his about your love 'm partially to blame for saying.... With meditations lawful the meat it feeds on, with a modern English: 4. Feel better within an hour find his wife ’ s kisses on her that filches from me my good,! His bed shall seem a school room and his table a confessional from first last.Why. Shall be in me remorse, what torture it is believed that Shakespeare wrote 38 in! Or my jealousy might seem none with Iago, had tasted her sweet body thy words before thou ’.