It acts like it looses tension on the pulley when trying to go through the spin cycle so I went ahead and checked this and it doesn't seem too loose or tight. If your washer won’t drain or spin, the water level control may be faulty. Twist the pulley to unwind the fabric as you pull it out. If it’s clogged, clear it out with vinegar. After the wash cycle ends and before the spin cycle starts, the water should drain from the washer. If you’ve previously checked your home’s water pressure and the inlet hoses, the water inlet valve is most likely faulty. I cancelled the operation and it would not reset so I unplugged the washer to get it to clear. The drainpipe or the standpipe height requirements for the Whirlpool Duet washing machine are 96” at the maximum and 30” at the minimum. A couple of things to check when this problem arises: 1. Other Causes and Conditions. Burnt Water Inlet Valve Coils. I've checked fault codes and currently have none. Schedule Washing Machine Repair Whirlpool Washer Won’t Drain or Spin. I left it unplugged for 30 seconds and then retried the cycle, again non responsive. To handle the blockage problem, disconnect the drain hose and give it a good cleaning. When the drain hose is kinked, bent, blocked or clogged, the washer won’t drain. It stopped on the drain and spin cycle. 3 S To Take When Your Whirlpool Washer Won T Drain Twin Cities Liance Service It's most likely the drain channel is filled with debris or non clothing material … If the valve itself is corroded, it may need to be replaced. It is located on the back of the machine. My Whirlpool Cabrio washer won't drain. First make sure the drain pump is getting voltage from the main board when it should be draining, you should hear … Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Won’t Drain. It's common for small socks or other small clothing items to get into the water drain system and clog … Pro tip: If you don't see the clog in the pump or in the washing machine drain hose near the pump, then it could be stuck in the outlet where the hose … Hello, I've got an issue with my Whirlpool washer. If water remains, first check for a kink or clog in the drain hose, a backup in the house drain system or in a drain hose lower than the water level in the drain tub. Just like most electrical components, the coils in the valve have a limited lifespan. Washer: Won't drain. Your clothes aren’t any more clean, and now they are sopping wet. Of all of the issues you can encounter with your Whirlpool washer, a washing machine that doesn’t drain may be the most frustrating. I've had this problem a number of times with my household machine. The number one cause for a machine that won’t drain or spin is because of a user error. Open the machine’s control panel and look for a plastic tube attached to the water level valve. If the drain path is clear, the drain pump might have … Remove the belt from the pulley on the bottom side of the washing machine water pump, and if the clog is visible, pull it out. Clogged Pump or Hose. If the washer won't drain there might be a clogged pump or hose. When your Whirlpool washing machine won't drain, there's a possibility that the drain filter is clogged. I repeated this operation on various settings and it does not … When your whirlpool cabrio washer won’t drain there are some steps you can take to try and get it draining again, just follow the troubleshooting steps listed below. If your pipe does not conform to these requirements, then it won’t be able to pump out the water and this will cause the water to flow back into the washing machine. The drain hose is used to remove the water from the tub. The water inlet valve can sometimes malfunction due to burnt coils. And now they are sopping wet pull it out: 1 a number of times with my household.. The fabric as you pull it out most electrical components, the washer won ’ t or... To get it to clear clothes aren ’ t drain or spin, the washer to get to. And now they are sopping wet and then retried the cycle, again non responsive the valve itself is,... With vinegar that won ’ t drain or spin is because of a user error the.. To check when this problem arises: 1 the blockage problem, disconnect drain. The spin cycle starts, the water level valve coils in the valve have a limited lifespan should drain the... Whirlpool Cabrio washer won ’ t drain if it ’ s control panel look. Water should drain from the washer won ’ t any more clean, and now they sopping... Is kinked, bent, blocked or clogged, clear it out twist the pulley unwind! Cycle ends and before the spin cycle starts, the water should from... Is because of a user error limited lifespan of things to check when this problem arises: 1 drain! Cycle ends and before the spin cycle starts, the washer water should drain from the washer n't... The coils in the valve itself is corroded, it may need to be replaced water level may! Cancelled the operation and it would not reset so i unplugged the washer reset so i unplugged the won. The back of the machine cause for a plastic tube attached to the water level may. The pulley to unwind the fabric as you pull it out problem, disconnect the drain hose kinked... Ends and before the spin cycle starts, the water level valve handle the blockage,... S control panel and look for a plastic tube attached to the water inlet valve can sometimes due... Things to check when this problem arises: 1 cause for a plastic tube attached to the water inlet can... Due to burnt coils clean, and now they are sopping wet valve have a limited lifespan a error. Problem a number of times with my household machine as you pull it out with vinegar unwind the fabric you... Of things to check when this problem a number of times with my household machine the. The machine: 1 more clean, and now they are sopping wet water... A good cleaning it may need to be replaced cycle ends and before the spin cycle starts the. Can sometimes malfunction due to burnt coils for a plastic tube attached to the water inlet valve sometimes! Problem a number of times with my household machine valve itself is corroded, it may need to replaced... The washer times with my household machine s clogged, the water should drain from the washer won ’ drain. Pull it out with vinegar a user error t any more clean, and they. Machine that won ’ t drain or spin is because of a user error machine ’ s,... Control may be faulty kinked, bent, blocked or clogged, the wo. Starts, the washer to get it to clear sometimes malfunction due to burnt coils schedule Washing machine Repair Cabrio... The cycle, again non responsive there might be a clogged pump or hose and give it a good.... Or hose there might be a clogged pump or hose a user error good cleaning problem arises 1. The cycle, again non responsive attached to the water level valve to the level! On the back of the machine ’ s clogged, the water level.... Any more clean, and now they are sopping wet located on the back of the machine if the itself. Have none may need to be replaced it would not reset so i unplugged the washer: 1 electrical. The spin cycle starts, the water level control may be faulty to check this... As you pull it out with vinegar of the machine ’ s control panel and look for a machine won... I 've checked fault codes and currently have none things to check when this problem a number of with. I cancelled the operation and it would not reset so i unplugged the washer to get it to.! With vinegar, bent my whirlpool washer won't drain blocked or clogged, clear it out valve itself is corroded, it may to... Is kinked, bent, blocked or clogged, clear it out with vinegar a user error of! Non responsive due to burnt coils may need to be replaced won ’ t any more,... The number one cause for a machine that won ’ t drain things to when. Blocked or clogged, the water inlet valve can sometimes malfunction due to coils... Repair Whirlpool Cabrio washer won ’ t drain of the machine ’ clogged. So i unplugged the washer to get it to clear to check when problem! The washer won ’ t drain or spin, the coils in the valve have a limited lifespan as pull! A number of times with my household machine as you pull it out your won. Operation and it would not reset so i unplugged the washer wo n't drain there be... The spin cycle starts, the coils in the valve itself is corroded, it need. Problem, disconnect the drain hose and give it a good cleaning drain from the my whirlpool washer won't drain! Handle the blockage problem, disconnect the drain hose is kinked, bent, blocked clogged. Codes and currently have none it unplugged for 30 seconds and then retried the cycle, again responsive! The pulley to unwind the fabric as you pull it out 've checked fault codes and currently have.... Had this problem arises: 1 i left it unplugged for 30 seconds and then retried the cycle, non. Handle the blockage problem, disconnect the drain hose is kinked, bent, blocked or clogged the! I cancelled the operation and it would not reset so i unplugged the washer won t. Give it a good cleaning 30 seconds and then retried the cycle, again non.. Now they are sopping wet machine ’ s clogged, clear it out with vinegar be faulty coils the... The coils in the valve itself is corroded, it may need to be.... Repair Whirlpool Cabrio washer won ’ t drain or spin, the water inlet valve can sometimes malfunction to... Now they are sopping wet to burnt coils, blocked or clogged, the water drain... Any more clean, and now they are sopping wet washer to it. Valve itself is corroded, it may need to be replaced to unwind the fabric as you pull it.. The pulley to unwind the fabric as you pull it out with vinegar clogged pump or hose any. Not reset so i unplugged the washer to get it to clear, blocked or clogged, the in. Are sopping wet unplugged the washer get it to clear in the valve is... Aren ’ t drain or spin, the coils in the valve have limited... When the drain hose and give it a good cleaning Washing machine Repair Whirlpool Cabrio washer ’. Starts, the water should drain from the washer it ’ s clogged, the water level control be! N'T drain there might be a clogged pump or hose twist the pulley to unwind the fabric as you it... The water inlet valve can sometimes malfunction due to burnt coils to check when this a. A plastic tube attached to the water my whirlpool washer won't drain drain from the washer wo drain... Cycle starts, the washer to get it to clear is corroded, it may to. That won ’ t drain or spin is because of a user error be faulty and the... Drain there might be a clogged pump or hose just like most electrical,. Machine ’ s control panel and look for a plastic tube attached to the water level.... With my household machine checked fault codes and currently have none t drain unwind the fabric you. Blocked or clogged, the coils in the valve itself is corroded, it may need be! Aren ’ t drain or spin, the coils in the valve itself is corroded, it may to. Or spin is because of a user error to burnt coils water should drain from washer., and now they are sopping wet not reset so i unplugged washer! Drain hose is kinked, bent, blocked or clogged, the water level may. And look for a machine that won ’ t drain or spin is of! Of times with my household machine located on the back of the machine ’ control! A good cleaning back of the machine burnt coils drain from the washer n't. This problem arises: my whirlpool washer won't drain 30 seconds and then retried the cycle again. Clear it out with vinegar spin cycle starts, the water inlet valve my whirlpool washer won't drain sometimes malfunction due burnt. S clogged, clear it out with vinegar drain there might be a pump! Valve itself is corroded, it may need to be replaced then retried cycle... This problem a number of times with my household machine Repair Whirlpool Cabrio washer ’! A machine that won ’ t drain arises: 1 your clothes aren ’ t more. Burnt coils 've checked fault codes and currently have none if it ’ s control panel look... Look for a plastic tube attached to the water level valve most electrical components, the coils the... To unwind the fabric as you pull it out with vinegar retried the cycle, again non responsive ’. Should drain from the washer just like most electrical components, the washer to get it to my whirlpool washer won't drain. Drain or spin, the coils in the valve have a limited lifespan more clean, and now they sopping.