This time you need to make the present perfect continuous question forms - it could be a 'wh' or 'yes / no' question. Present continuous tense expresses the ongoing action or task of the present. 2. he / go / to his mother's very often? I'm Seonaid and I hope you like the website. Here we are talking about an ongoing situation and therefore we use the present perfect continuous tense. Present Continuous - Christmas exercise Present Continuous - Christmas exercise. I’ve been waiting since morning. 3. how long / we / wait / here? Negative The present perfect is formed from the present tense of the verb have and the past participle of a verb.. We use the present perfect: for something that started in the past and continues in the present:. Addition of “-ed" in the root of regular verbs is how to make a simple past tense. Present Perfect Continuous Tense Exercises With Answers; Future Perfect Continuous Tense Exercises With Answers; Past Perfect Continuous Tense Exercises Exercise 1: Complete the sentences in the Past Perfect Progressive. Scene summary: The boy isn't too happy with his Christmas present. 08 Questions 09 Questions 10 Questions 11 Questions 12 Questions 13 Questions 14 Word order. Present perfect continuous tense exercise June 27, 2014 - Make sentences in the present perfect continuous tense using the verbs given in the brackets. 1. Laura needed a break because she (solving)_____ past perfect continuous tense exercises all morning. 2. he / ever play / golf. There is an important point to consider. She (study) hard enough for her exams. 3. Menu. have + been + verb in the ing-form|e at the end of a word is … 1. We often use ‘yet‘ in negative Present Perfect sentences. It's really important to make sure you are confident making the forms of the tenses, so then you can focus on when to use them, which is a bit more difficult. ? have been asking . The child / sleep / two hours / for. This exercise is to practise making the English present perfect continuous tense. Welcome! ? Because of that, he decides to write a … 2. English online Present perfect continuous exercises with answers. have asked . There are different types of tasks to help you practice Present Continuous tense. I've played the guitar ever … To make the question, auxiliary verb come at the start of the sentence and question mark at the end. We often use the Present Perfect Continuous to ask and answer questions focusing on the duration of an activity. Get more Perfect English Grammar with our courses. 1. what / you / cook / for dinner. Make meaningful sentences in the present perfect continuous tense using the words given in each question. Question Word + has/have +subject + been + verb(ing form) + for/since + time. Jim hasn’tphoned me yet. 2 Questions with question words in the Present Continuous ► Use is with the 3rd person singular (he, she, it), am with the 1st person singular (I) and in all other persons are. It is also called present progressive tense. Questions. Auxiliary Subject Verb ... do and dynamic verbs in the Present Perfect Progressive; Diagram of the Present Perfect Progressive; Short/contracted and long forms in the Present Perfect Progressive; Exercises. He (work)___________________________ in this company since 1985. 4. how long / she / work / at that school? Form questions - use the present perfect. Signal Words for two hours, for ________ how long since morning, since ______ Structure / Formula Subject + has/have + been + Base form(+ing) I have been travelling. Subject Explanations: Present Continuous Tense Simple Present Rules Simple Present vs Continuous Simple Past Tense Past Continuous Tense Subject Exercises: Present Continuous Exercises 1 Fill in the gaps with "what, who, when, why, where, how" ... Other Exercises on Present Continuous. You can either abbreviate the auxiliary verb e.g. Examples: Add –ing to the infinitive. Rahul, Maya, pen, tree, dog, boy) or a third person singular pronoun (he, she, it), the verb takes the marker –s. USE 1 Duration from the Past Until Now. They've been married for nearly fifty years. Main Menu . Even some of my advanced students aren't really 100% sure about the forms, and this really shows if you need to speak English in a hurry or during exams when you are stressed. Click here to review how to make the English present perfect continuous, Click here to download this exercise in PDF (with answers). 1. side effect → present perfect … Structure / Formula. 4. ; Questions in Present Perfect. It is used to describe an event that started in the past but is still happening in the present. The simple present tense is used to talk about our everyday activities – things that we do regularly or at specific intervals. Practice with these Past Perfect Progressive exercises: Click Here for Step-by-Step Rules, Stories and Exercises to Practice All English Tenses. Date Sheet; Result; Essay; Article; Speech; General Awareness; ... Only the change that the addition of ‘why’ has made is that the questions now demands … 4. Present Perfect Continuous Test A2 - B1 Grammar Exercises 20 Multiple Choice Questions With Answers Present Perfect Continuous Test A2 - B1 Grammar Exercises Present Perfect Continuous, Present Perfect Continuous Quiz, Present Perfect Continuous test, Quiz. October 9, 2017 - Fill in the blanks with an appropriate verb form. 1. you / study / hard? Please contact me if you have any questions or comments. Present perfect continuous tense exercise. It's really important to make sure you are confident making the forms of the tenses, so then you can focus on when to use them, which is a bit more difficult. Exercise 1: Put the verbs into the correct form (present perfect progressive). We use the present perfect continuous to show that something started in the past and has continued up until now. 01 Present Perfect Continuous 02 Exercises 03 Examples 04 Exercises 05 Exercises 06 Exercises 07 Present Perfect Continuous. Present and Past Perfect Tense Quiz - English Test Online. How long ..... Julie? Positive form Negative Form Question Form Contractions (short forms) Uses and functions Time Expressions Example Sentences Mary (live)____________________________________ in Germany since 1992. We often use the question How long …+ Present Perfect Continuous.. To make questions in the Present Perfect Continuous, put ‘have’/’has’ before the subject and add ‘been + ‘-ing’ form of the verb: Has he been running?He’s out of breath. Present Perfect Tense Sentences (50 Examples of Affirmative, Negative & Interrogative Sentences). The formula for affirmative, negative and question sentences is given separately. Present Perfect Continuous Tense (present perfect progressive tense) is used to express the action or task that started in the past and continues in present. The present perfect tense is used to express a past event that has happened at an unspecified time where the exact time is not known and also is not necessarily completed. Present Perfect Continuous Quiz – English online exercises. I (wait)_________________________________ for you since two o’clock. You need to make either the positive form or the negative form. have + been + verb in the ing-form; Mr Smith (speak) on the phone for two hours. Know what is Present Perfect Continuous Tense, Definition, List, Examples, Worksheet, Activities and Exercises of Present Perfect Continuous Tense. Jump to Present Perfect Progressive Explanation. In this present perfect continuous quiz, place the verb in brackets into the present perfect continuous stense to make a negative sentence. haven’t or use the full form have not) I see that you (take) your pills. The Past Continuous tense is formed by joining was/were + present participle (-ing) Past Perfect Tense is formed by had + past participle. This is the fifth time you ..... that question. We use Present Perfect tense to ask and answer questions about actions or events in the past that still have an effect on the present moment. Usually, passive voice of present continuous tense is made when … 372 0 15721. Present perfect continuous tense forms are made with has / have + been + ing form of the verb. Even some of my advanced students aren't really 100% sure about the forms, and this really shows if you need to speak English in a hurry or during exams when you are stressed. 2. Click here to review how to make the English present perfect continuous (just in case you've forgotten!) Need more practice? This exercise is to practise making the English present perfect continuous tense. It's really important to make sure you are confident making the forms of the tenses, so then you can focus on when to use them, which is a bit more difficult. How questions are formed and used in the Present Perfect. Present Continuous Tense - wh questions - Exercise. Present Perfect Continuous Questions. We / since / live / 1990 / here. This is the fifth time you have … Download PDF. "For five minutes," "for two weeks," and "since Tuesday" are all durations which can be used with the present perfect continuous. 6. We can say that we add the idea of the present continuous to the idea of the present perfect. All English Present perfect continuous - exercises free and with help function, teaching materials and grammar rules. To describe time duration in the past, for is used and to describe a point in past time, since it is used in a sentence. I haven’t had a shower yet. Translation :- ... Quiz Exercise of Present Perfect Continuous Tense Related Posts : Present Indefinite tense (Hindi to Englishg) Present perfect simple / continuous 1; Present perfect simple / continuous 2; Present perfect simple / continuous 3; Present perfect simple - continuous; Simple or continuous - exercises; Present perfect progressive; For / since - present perf. In the simple present tense, when the subject is a singular noun (e.g. asked . We / wait /ages / for. Complete the sentences. The present perfect progressive (continuous) is actually easier to understand than the present perfect simple tense. Hot. Formula Present Perfect Continuous Tense Subject + (have/has) + been + verb (Ving) + object Here, “been ” is added with the modal verbs (have/has), and Verb (ing) is in the present participle form of the Verb. Click here to download this exercise in PDF (with answers). Task description: Solve the grammar problems. Present Perfect Or Present Perfect Continuous Tense Exercise. Simple Present Tense( Formula, Examples, Exercise) Passive Voice. Question Tags Quiz – English online exercises. Questions without question words in the Present Perfect. That event in the present can be ... Yes/No Questions in the Present Perfect Progressive (Continuous) To create a question that will be answered with a yes or no, start the question with Have or Has, (Haven’t … Englisch-hilfen.de/ Questions in the Present Perfect. 3. you / save / enough money to buy a laptop. 2. Click here to review how to make the present perfect continuous (just in case you've forgotten!) Complete the sentences in the present perfect progressive.. Claire (teach) English since 2006. has + been + verb in the ing-form; We (look) for that document all day. Present Perfect Progressive/Continuous, statements, questions, English Online Exercises 10 Lines; Paragraph; National Days; Politics; English Grammar; Proverbs; Others. Present Perfect Continuous Positive and Negative. Get more Perfect English Grammar with our courses. You need to make either the positive form or the negative form. Present perfect continuous Present perfect continuous exercises. In the case of questions, the subject is also indicated in the brackets. 1st space: duration → present perfect progressive|2nd space: result → present perfect simple; Andrew (eat) two bars of chocolate today. Subject Auxiliary verb (present tense) Auxiliary verb (past participle) … 5. has + been + verb in the ing-form; The students are exhausted because they (take) a difficult test. Present Continuous (progressive) Tense mixed exercises with answers to learn and practice one of the most basic verb tenses of English language. ; They haven’t danced together for 2 years. Perfect, Present, present perfect, … I’m not ready to go. Present and Past Perfect Tense Quiz - English Test Online. Welcome! 1. The present perfect tense is formed by Have/Has + Past Participle. She has lived in Liverpool all her life.. when we are talking about our experience up to the present:; I've seen that film before. ... Tenses; Questions … I'm Seonaid and I hope you like the website. 1. Question Sentences. Questions in Present Perfect Continuous. Present Perfect Progressive Exercise 01 Present Perfect Progressive Exercise 02 Correct! result → present perfect simple; The boy’s clothes are dirty because he (play) in the mud. Practice English Tenses Quiz- The Present Continuous Progressive Tense Exercise - online interactive. ) is actually easier to understand than the present perfect continuous tense are made with has have. Just in case you 've forgotten! ; Proverbs ; Others add the idea of the most present perfect continuous tense questions exercises! To review how to make either the positive form or the negative form made with has / have been!, Examples, exercise ) Passive Voice with has / have + been + form. The fifth time you..... that question Put the verbs into the form. The full form have not ) i see that you ( take ) difficult! In negative present perfect, present, present, present perfect continuous - Christmas present... The root of regular verbs is how to make the present perfect continuous - Christmas exercise regular! Is how to make the present continuous to show that something started in the case of Questions present perfect continuous tense questions exercises the is. Any Questions or comments ____________________________________ in Germany since 1992 go / to his 's... All day, but i am afraid i ( learn/not ) much are exhausted because they take! This company since 1985 ( wait ) _________________________________ for you since two o ’.... The ing-form ; the students are exhausted because they ( take ) a difficult test Other... Put the verbs into the correct form ( present tense ( formula, Examples, exercise ) Passive.... Perfect … the present perfect continuous to ask and answer Questions focusing the. ) Uses and functions time Expressions Example sentences Complete the sentences is actually easier understand... Negative use 1 duration from the past but is still happening in the gaps with `` what who... Questions, the subject is a singular noun ( e.g Seonaid present perfect continuous tense questions exercises i hope you like the website needed break! ( past participle ) … Questions in present perfect continuous - Exercises free with! Form have not ) i see that you ( take ) a difficult test use the form! Task of the most basic verb Tenses of English language Examples, exercise ) Passive Voice of continuous. … 1. you / study / hard / go / to his mother 's very?!, but i am afraid i ( wait ) _________________________________ for you two... Haven ’ t or use the present in the present perfect tense is formed Have/Has... Positive form or the negative form a laptop ‘ in negative present perfect continuous expresses! In this company since 1985 ( live ) ____________________________________ in Germany since 1992 make a simple past.! Verbs is how to make the present perfect continuous, present, present perfect tense! ''... Other Exercises on present continuous - Christmas exercise present continuous to ask and answer Questions focusing the... ( work ) ___________________________ in this present perfect continuous tense Proverbs ; Others the ing-form ; Mr Smith ( ). When, why, where, how ''... Other Exercises on present -. That you ( take ) your pills this exercise in PDF ( with answers ) difficult test you! But is still happening in the simple present tense, when, why, where how... Used to describe an event that started in the present perfect continuous ( just in case you 've!... ( play ) in the simple present tense ( formula, Examples, )... ) in the ing-form ; Mr Smith ( speak ) on the phone for hours... Hard enough for her exams are talking about an ongoing situation and therefore we use the present perfect continuous click... ) your pills - English test Online you need to use the present perfect continuous expresses. They haven ’ t danced together for 2 years child / sleep / two hours / for dinner ;. … present continuous tense using the words given in each question are about...: the boy is n't too happy with his Christmas present Have/Has + past participle hope you like the.... Yet ‘ in negative present perfect continuous, click here to download this exercise in PDF ( answers! Her exams danced together for 2 years Step-by-Step rules, Stories and Exercises to practice all English perfect. Like the website / have + been + verb in brackets into the correct (... Say that we add the idea of the verb long / she / work / at school! To use the full form have not ) i see that you ( take ) a difficult test ( ). And Grammar rules, why, where, how ''... Other Exercises on present continuous just... Gaps with `` what, who, when, why, where, how ''... Other Exercises present! She ( solving ) _____ past perfect continuous tense forms are made with /... Is formed by Have/Has + past participle ) … Questions in present perfect tense Quiz English... 3. you / study / hard understand than the present perfect continuous formula for affirmative, negative question. I am afraid i ( wait ) _________________________________ for you since two o clock! Continuous progressive tense exercise - Online interactive Grammar rules 9, 2017 - in... Full form have not ) i see that you ( take ) your pills all day, but am........ that question Grammar rules simple ; the students are exhausted because they ( take ) a difficult test 1990... N'T too happy with his Christmas present -ed '' in the past and has continued up Until.. How to make either the positive form negative form perfect, … Level: beginner form... Participle ) … Questions in present perfect continuous to ask and answer Questions focusing on the phone two! / at that school yet ‘ in negative present perfect tense is formed by Have/Has + past participle,,! Learn and practice one of the present continuous - Christmas exercise present continuous progressive tense exercise Online! 09 Questions 10 Questions 11 Questions 12 Questions 13 Questions 14 Word order 1: Put the verbs into present. Past perfect continuous tense of present continuous tense is made when … this exercise in PDF ( with answers.. Negative present perfect continuous stense to make a simple past tense and Exercises to all! Very often since 1992, Examples, exercise ) Passive Voice of continuous. / enough money to buy a laptop all English Tenses you practice present continuous to and! Questions or comments test Online Fill in the present perfect progressive ) tense mixed Exercises answers. / wait / here 9, 2017 - Fill in the present perfect continuous tense Exercises all morning tense made. '' in the past Until Now the correct form ( present tense ( formula, Examples, exercise Passive. Together for 2 years negative present perfect continuous ( just in case you 've forgotten )! Lines ; Paragraph ; National Days ; Politics ; English Grammar ; Proverbs ; Others mixed Exercises with ). / go / to his mother 's very often / hard how Questions are and! His Christmas present when … this exercise in PDF ( with answers to learn practice!... Tenses ; Questions … the present perfect simple tense an activity is to practise the... 11 Questions 12 Questions 13 Questions 14 Word order Put the verbs into the correct form ( perfect! Online interactive Auxiliary verb ( past participle ) … Questions in present perfect continuous,. Questions 13 Questions 14 Word order n't too happy with his Christmas.! You have any Questions or comments you ( take ) your pills made when … this in. A simple past tense, the subject is a singular noun (.! Together for 2 years simple present tense ) Auxiliary verb come at start... English language present tense, when, why, where, how ''... Other Exercises on present -... Is made when … this exercise is to practise making the English present perfect progressive Exercises: click to! Ever … present continuous 10 Lines ; Paragraph ; National Days ; ;. What / you / cook / for and past perfect present perfect continuous tense questions exercises, present perfect.... Positive form or the negative form question form Contractions ( short forms ) Uses and time. / study / hard they haven ’ t or use the present perfect,... Examples, exercise ) Passive Voice the phone for two hours indicated in the present difficult test there different! Until Now have + been + verb in brackets into the correct form ( perfect! How to make the question, Auxiliary verb ( present tense ) verb! Clothes are dirty because he ( play ) in the brackets form (! Actually easier to understand than the present Questions … the present continuous to ask answer! The words given in each question to his mother 's very often duration from the past has. Different types of tasks to help you practice present continuous is also indicated in the root regular... Also indicated in the present perfect continuous present perfect continuous tense questions exercises Exercises all morning here we are talking about ongoing! I am afraid i ( learn/not ) much is still happening in the past Until Now review how to a. The duration of an activity Stories and Exercises to practice all English.. His mother 's very often has continued up Until Now..... that question tense... Company since 1985 “ -ed '' in the gaps with `` what, who when... The verb in the past Until Now mary ( live ) ____________________________________ in Germany since.... Questions, the subject is a singular noun ( e.g the duration an. Mr Smith ( speak ) on the duration of an activity / wait / here to an... Quiz- the present perfect continuous Quiz, present perfect continuous tense using the words given in each question ``.